Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm NOT answering

I have this rule that I will not answer the phone when I have been asleep or if I am just getting up and have not yet had my coffee and a chance to get my bearings.

Why? Because I am a total idiot when I try to snap to and have a decent conversation if woken up. Then the more I try to cover it up, the more anxious I get and the faster I talk.

My son knows that if he calls and gets no answer to just call right back and I'll usually pick up if I see its his phone number on the caller id. It's okay to be groggy with family who understands.

Sometimes I don't sleep well during the night. I'll wake up every 15 minutes or every hour. Last night I had a particularly bad night. I even woke up noticing the blue light on my laptop was on and I got up and was worried that something was wrong with it. I turned on my light in the room, put on my glasses and tried to figure out if something was broken, but it wasn't. I get loopy when I sleep. That blue light is ALWAYS on to show it is plugged in. I know that!!!! Yet for some reason last night I didn't.

I was so tired and didn't get good sleep but by 8 am the phone started ringing. RING RING RING....... I ignore it and go back to sleep. Later it rings again and again I ignore it and go back to sleep. Now each time I get woken up and try to go back to sleep, I get more tired.

I used to not have the phone in my room so I didn't hear it. After my son moved out my husband brought it into my bedroom. It looks like I am going to need to turn off the ringer at night so I don't keep getting woken up.

I take the larger of my doses of meds at night.

This morning after the phone rang several times, I finally answered it. It was my doctor's nurse who was following up on my refill. I had to have the office call my insurance company and I thought all was well because yesterday afternoon, Walgreen's called to say my prescription was ready.

I answered the phone and spoke to the nurse who was afraid I wasn't going to have my prescription so I thought I told her that I had already gotten a call from Walgreen's. Then I go into my what I call manic mode and start being a chatter box. I was so embarrassed and if I had been more awake and alert I probably would have been better at communicating. After I get off the phone with her I am sitting on my bed, humiliated, totally upset with myself and swearing that I will NOT ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN I HAVE BEEN ASLEEP!!!! Ugh!

So this afternoon I get a call from the nurse again and she wants to know if I called Walgreen's to see if my prescription is ready. HUH??? First thing I do is start to apologize for being such an idiot on the phone this morning and she ....... cuts me off and tells me that she is just making sure I have my medication and wants to know if I called Walgreen's. Well.....No, not today. That frustrates her and then I tell her that I don't understand why it matters if I called them today because I already received the call YESTERDAY and my prescription is ready to pick up and my husband is picking it up on his way home from work today.

I tried to explain that I told her this morning when she called but I am not a good communicator when I first wake up. She's pissed at me and I feel like crying. She spoke to me like I'm a crazy person which I hate!!!!!

On the plus side, she did do her job and make sure I had my meds. Don't want the crazy person to go on a three day weekend without them now do we?

Insert maniacal laughter here....... =) Mahwahahahahaha

I'm turning off that damned phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: