Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The mind/body connection - 7 ways to better mental health



This is a very interesting and informative video about the relationship our nutrition plays in our mental and physical health. The title of this video is: 7 Steps To Better Mental Health by Austin Wellness Clinic

One of the reasons I am always questioning the theory of taking so many medications is that in my own experience I have and have seen many people become worse after taking the medications. It becomes a nightmare of side effects from the drugs and then when the drugs are no longer effective, more and more drugs are administered and combined.

I am not opposed to taking the drugs to help with my symptoms, however I am opposed to taking them in large doses and combining them with so many other medications.

I often suffer from hives that I get on my face. Usually around the cheek and chin area, my ear lobes and my eyelids. If you watch this video it discusses inflamation and causes that our bodies are crying out to us. It does make sense that if we take care of our physical health our mental health will be much better.

I know I don't eat healthy. I eat way too much sugar and processed foods. The video is about 21 min long, but well worth the time.

1 comment:

Lynda Lippin said...

My bipolar mother always ate lots of processed and junk foods and always had a weight problem. When she didn't take her meds she self medicated by drinking which didn't help her weight. I wonder what a focus on better nutrition could have done for her.

Lynda